Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This ticket is sold by Ang-Gnarra Aboriginal Corporation (ABN 88079295235) who is responsible for the Event. The following conditions are both of sale (including any resale or subsequent assignment), entry and attendance at the Event.
‘You’ and ‘your’ refers to the customer. ‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘Ang-Gnarra’, ‘Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival (LQDIF) and ‘Event Director’ refers to employees, contractors, volunteers and authorised persons. This agreement means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by us on our website and booking forms.
- No refund or exchange on any ticket or service fee will be given except in accordance with the applicable Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Visit liveperformance.com.au for latest information
- All bookings and ticket purchases are only transferrable via VenueNet. The ability to reissue (change the name on your ticket) may be available for a nominated fee per ticket, however these services are at the discretion of the event organiser and may be subject to change. To check if either service is available, log into your VenueNet account after you have purchased the ticket(s). Should ticket reissues be available, they will conclude up to 48 hours prior to the door/gate opening time unless otherwise specified by the event organiser. The new attendees name, email and date of birth may be required when reissuing a ticket. There will be a maximum of two (2) reissues permitted per ticket unless otherwise specified.
- If the event is unable to proceed on the advertised date or location, Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival reserves the right to reschedule the Event and offer an exchange to the rescheduled event.
- Tickets purchased through VenueNet are distributed via email prior to the festival. The VenueNet platform provides an opportunity for you to provide your email address and we will deliver your ticket to that email address. Unless stated otherwise on the ticket(s), you are not required to print your ticket(s) you can present the electronic PDF version of the ticket to be scanned directly from your mobile or tablet device. If you have not received your tickets within 48 hours of the event you can log in to your VenueNet account to either re-send, download a copy, or contact VenueNet support by submitting a request https://tixsupport.VenueNet.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new or by email email@example.com. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to not share the digital ticket as multiple copies of the same ticket will not be accepted, and you may be refused entry if the ticket has already been used
- A three-day ticket is a multiple day ticket for the use of one person and cannot be shared. You will be issued a wristband in exchange for your valid ticket at the gate
- There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of the Event
- This is an all-weather event. No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend due to inclement weather
- By purchasing a Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival 2023 ticket the ticket buyer agrees to full ticket terms and conditions.
- Our full Ticket Terms & Conditions are available here https://www.Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival.com.au/ticket-terms-conditions/
ARTISTS & VENUE
- We reserve the right to add, withdraw, reschedule, or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices and audience capacity.
- We reserve the right at any time, to change the venue of the Event. In the event of a change in venue, we will publish details on the Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival website.
CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the Event for any reason.
- In the event of the cancellation in advance of the event, we will provide a full refund.
- In the event of a cancellation or postponement due to Government order, Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival reserves the right to reschedule the Event and offer an exchange to the rescheduled event.
- In the event of a reschedule, ticket holders will be contacted directly via email by VenueNet and presented with options to receive an exchange to the rescheduled event, or to request a refund. You will have 28 days to respond.
- Failure to notify us of your selection within 28 days of the email being sent will infer that you select to have your tickets exchanged to the rescheduled event.
- As the ticket purchaser you are responsible for communicating information to the other members of your group.
- Under the LPA Code of Practice, Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival is not required to offer a refund, exchange, or credit if:
- A ticket holder is well and does not wish to attend an Event due to fears of exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19); or
- A ticket holder is unwell and does not attend an Event (other than due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) illness or symptoms which can be proven by display of a positive or negative COVID-19 test result); or
- A ticket holder is from a group at a higher risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19); or
- A ticket holder is denied entry into the Event for reasons which were disclosed to the ticket holder in the ticket terms and conditions at the time of sale. For example, these reasons may include (but not be limited to) non-compliance with mandatory mask wearing or unwillingness to provide personal contact information when requested; or
- The ticket holder attends the performance and subsequently leaves part way through due to feeling unwell.
- In the event of a mandated requirement to self-isolate and/or mandated border closures, ticket holders may request a refund, exchange, or credit if:
- Proof of mandatory isolation is provided or reasonable evidence proving restriction to travel due to Government order is provided
- Requests are made within 14 days from the date displayed on your entry ticket
- Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival may reserve the right to refuse remedy if:
- There is no current Government order restricting entry into QLD and/or without having to mandatory quarantine, at the time of the festival
- It cannot be proven by Government order that you were restricted to travel into QLD or at the time of the festival.
- Requests are not made within 14 days from the date displayed on your entry ticket
- If your reason for not attending the Event is due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms and/or in the event of a mandated requirement to self-isolate and/or mandated border closures and can be supported with the evidence of COVID-19 positive or negative test result and/or sufficient evidence proving your inability to travel due to Government order at the time of the festival, you may submit a request for a refund. Refund requests may only be submitted within 14 days from the date displayed on your entry ticket.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the Event Director and the venue’s terms of admission, copies of which are available online and from Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival on request
- Your ticket must be exchanged for a wristband on entry to the Event and must be worn at all times for the duration of the Event. Once a wristband is removed it becomes void. Stretched or damaged wristbands will not be replaced
- Photo ID is required for age and name verification and for entry by e-ticket holders or on-demand
- Any minor under 15 cannot enter except in company with a responsible adult or guardian in accord with the Liquor Act
- It is a condition of entry to the Event that a search of your person and/or your possessions and motor vehicle/s be required at the time of entry to the venue. GLASS, ALCOHOL, WEAPONS, ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES or any item the Event organisers consider may be used in an illegal or offensive manner may be confiscated. Refusal to consent to a search WILL prevent entry to the Event, without refund. All bags/containers will be subject to a full search. The festival is an alcohol free event – DO NOT bring alcohol with you – any prohibited items found will be confiscated and not returned
- Entry is at own risk and the right to refuse entry is reserved. The promoter or venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering on the site – to the extent allowed by the law
- Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased through an authorized point of sale. Do not share your ticket barcode it may prevent entry. The promoter reserves the right to deny admission to the Event to any person holding a ticket that appears to have been tampered with, counterfeited or duplicated. Anyone found on site without a valid wristband or accreditation will be deemed as trespassing and will face prosecution from QLD police
- Entry may be refused if the ticket buyer does not obey to all government regulations regarding the event
Covid -19 Terms and conditions Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival 2023
Ensuring the health and safety of the community and all attending Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival 2023 is our top priority.
Patrons will be denied entry to Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival should they have symptoms that place others at risk or impact public health.
By purchasing and accepting tickets to Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival 2023 you and your guests acknowledge that even with rigorous control measures and heightened hygiene measures put into place at Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival there remains at this time an unquantifiable risk of transmission of COVID-19 and viral illnesses and that you voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against Ang-Gnarra Aboriginal Corporation, Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival and their affiliated companies relating to such risks.
By attending Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival you are declaring that you are not displaying or experiencing any symptoms related to Covid-19. Should you be displaying symptoms and have undertaken a RAT that results in a negative result we ask that you show your due diligence and refrain from attending until you have a negative PCR test.
The primary ticket holder agrees to be the contact in the event of any contact tracing required, and you will be responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group. In the event that the Department of Health, or another Government Department, makes a formal request, we may be required to disclose your contact information for contact tracing purposes, including your full name, contact email and/or contact phone number provided to VenueNet.
By attending Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival you and your guest acknowledge that you have considered those risks and your personal circumstances, including any health condition or vulnerability that you or your guests may have, and the circumstances of persons with whom you will be in close contact following your attendance at Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival.
Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival relies on you to bring this health issue waiver to the attention of your guest. Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival will rely on this health issue waiver and proceed on the basis that you and your guest acknowledge and accept these risks and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival Byron Bay and their affiliated companies relating to such risks.
You’ll need to practise physical distancing, where you can stay at least 1.5m away from others.
The ticket holder agrees to additional contact tracing on the days of the event by methods provided by the promoter such as the COVIDSafe app.
Should the primary ticket buyer be attending the event as part of a group, they are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in their group. If they are contacted directly by the Government including the Department of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, they must:
a) make the contact details of their group available to the Government, or
b) contact each member of their group, and request that they provide their contact details to the Government directly.
AUDIO & VISUAL
- Audio or visual recordings of the Event and performers or artists at the Event are prohibited. Still cameras are permitted but images may be used for private purposes only, not for public display or for commercial use
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with the Event or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this Event. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty will be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages
- Admission is at the ticket holders’ own risk. You acknowledge that neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the Event by you or your invitees
- You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the Event by you or your invitees
- You must ensure that you and your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the Event. We may refuse entry or evict you or any of your invitees if they are behaving in an intoxicated, disorderly, offensive, threatening or inappropriate manner, towards any person
- The Event is open to all ages. Children under the age of 15 years that attend the Event must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Children who behave in a disorderly, disruptive or inappropriate manner may at the sole discretion of the Event organisers be required to leave with their responsible adult
ALCOHOL, SMOKING, ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES AND GLASS
- The Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival is an ALCOHOL-FREE ZONE under the terms of the festival organisers. Any alcohol consumed in these areas will cause immediate eviction and cancellation of your ticket and/or wristband
- The whole venue is a GLASS FREE ZONE and no glass shall be brought into any part of the venue including the car parks and camping. Please do not bring glass into the Event, broken glass and festivals do not mix
- Anyone found supplying or consuming alcohol will be evicted from the Event and will face criminal charges
- Anyone found supplying or consuming illicit drugs will be evicted from the premises and face criminal charges
- Certain areas within the Event venue are smoke-free zones. Smoking will not be permitted within the tents or within 10 metres of food venues and dining areas
- In order to purchase your ticket, we may need to collect and keep personal information about you including your name, address, payment details, telephone number and the names of all ticket allocations. We may also need to disclose your personal information as required by law or as permitted under the Privacy Act
- All attendees consent to be included in photographic, film and other visual and audio recordings of the Event and grant the promoter the right to use such photos and recordings for promotion, marketing and other purposes in all media without restriction
- Trading signs or other signs are not permitted without prior consent of Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival. No ticket holder shall be entitled to do any trading without the written consent of the Event organizers
- Tickets may not, without prior written consent of Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival, be resold at a premium or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods and services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition the bearer of the ticket will be refused admission
- Animals are not permitted, within the performance, food and exhibition area. Dog must be on a lead at all times.
- Fireworks are not permitted
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia
- Some ticket types may require adherence to specific guidelines that are published on the Event website from time to time. You must ensure that you meet such guidelines
- You give your express consent to your actual/simulated likeness to be included for no fee within any audio/visual or still recording to be used in any media for any purpose at any time
- Any breach of any of these terms and conditions will entitle the Event organizers to evict the ticket holder from the venue and confiscate any ticket or wristband, without refund
ENVIRONMENT & COMMUNITY
- Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival cares for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the recycle or other bins provided around the venue. Be waste and water-wise – thank you
- Please respect our town, neighbourhood and neighbours and do not create excessive noise or litter while travelling to and from the Event
- The Campground is an ALCOHOL-FREE ZONE and is unlicensed. No parties will be allowed in the camping area. Breach of this condition WILL result in eviction without refund
- Each person must have their photo ID and ticket ready to present to Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival staff. You are not able to save spots for friends. If you wish to camp with friends, you must arrive together. Please remain with your car and tent until you have been registered
- Camping tickets are sold per person. Camping tickets are not transferable, you cannot share it with other people. Camping tickets are exchanged for wristbands which are non-transferable and must be worn at all times for the duration of the Event
- You do not have an unlimited amount of space for your camp setup. A reasonable size tent for the number of people staying in that tent will be allowed, for example, four adults camping in a six-man tent is deemed reasonable.
- Camping tickets are separate to event tickets. You will need two tickets, one to camp and one to gain entry to the festival. You cannot purchase a camping ticket without having a festival ticket; the two tickets must match, for example, if you have a Friday/Saturday/Sunday festival ticket you must also have a Friday/Saturday/Sunday camping ticket
- All one-day and two-day campers must arrive after 10:00 am on the first valid day stated on their camping ticket and must depart the campsite by 10:00 am on the day their ticket becomes invalid
- Entry for arrival and set-up to the campsite closes at 10:00 pm daily
- Your personal possessions and motor vehicle will be searched for prohibited items including ALCOHOL, GLASS, WEAPONS, ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES or any item the Event organisers consider may be used in an illegal or offensive manner and may be confiscated. Refusal to consent to a search WILL prevent entry to the festival without refund
- Vehicles will not be allowed to come and go from the campground. If you need to move your vehicle for any reason you will not be able to bring it back inside the campground, at which point you will be directed to park in the Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival car park at the front of the festival ground.
- The 3-day camping ticket bundle will allow you to camp for four nights from 10:00 am, Thursday 6th of July 2023 until 10:00 am, Monday 10th July 2023.
- NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING ALLOWED IN THE LAURA QUINKAN INDIGENOUS DANCE FESTIVAL DAY CAR PARK! If you want to camp onsite you must buy a camping ticket or stay at a campsite nearby. The car parks are patrolled hourly, any attempt to camp overnight will be considered trespassing and will be dealt with accordingly.
- On departure of the campsite please make sure all your belongings, camping equipment and vehicles are removed
- There will be separate designated camping areas for three-day, two-day and one-day camping. If you are arriving with a group and the members of your group have different camping ticket types, you will not be able to camp next to each other
- Open fires are permitted but MUST be contained. We have Fire Marshalls on site who will be checking your set-up to ensure safety. Fires MUST be properly extinguished prior to leaving your camp site each day. We do allow gas burners for cooking and gas BBQs
- Security personnel will undertake regular patrols of the camping area.
- The use of fireworks in the campground or festival site is strictly prohibited. Any person using fireworks will be ejected from the campground and the festival
- Laura Quinkan Indigenous Dance Festival is an all-weather event. The Festival will go ahead Rain, Hail or Shine
- Please respect the site and your fellow campers. Any unruly behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in your removal from the site. 24-hour security is on hand to ensure the safety and amenity of all campers
- The promoter or venue shall not be held liable for any loss, theft, injury or damages sustained entering or on the site. Don’t leave valuables in your tent. Lock them out of sight in your car, or even better, do not bring laptops, jewellery or expensive items to the Festival
- No excessive noise or amplified music after midnight